If you have a passion for Information Technology and its allied or related concepts, then you should know that there is a lot of scope for success in this field. The passionate IT lovers, who can dream for hours at a stretch, in front of the computer and create magic have a lot of career options for them to choose from if the foundation is perfect. One such course that can provide you that base is Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] in Information Technology.
In the 1990s, IT industry had initiated with around 5,000+ employees and today, it is globally recognized with over 2.8 million employees in this sector. In 2016, this sector had contributed 7.7% to India’s GDP. Apart from this, the IT sector also grew at a rate of 12 – 14% in 2016- 2017, according to a report by National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM). As long as there is demand for hardware, software, and other IT services in India, this sector will continue to be life and soul for all industries.
Why should you work in this field? Well, one thing is that there’s plenty of talent as India has got some of best creative minds and best employment opportunities in the IT field. India has also become a major hub for IT outsourcing, with newer markets opening up in Middle East, Africa, South and South-East Asia.
Related read: TOP 5 ONLINE EXAM PREPARATION PLATFORMS FOR SSC
Best Institutes which offer Bsc I.T, Christ University, Hansraj College, Delhi, Loyola College, Madras, Fergusson College, Pune, St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, Madras Christian College, University of Delhi etc.
There have been speculations in the near future that India could overtake the US, in having the most number of software developers in 2018 (52 lakh developers in India vs. America’s 42 lakhs).
Top 5 Jobs after B.Sc. IT
It is right to say that the IT Industry is a major recruiter in the Indian job market with many high-paying jobs, leading to India’s growth in this industry, being recognized nationally and internationally.
Just look at the number of computer engineers working in foreign IT companies as well as Franchises and overseas offices of Indian IT companies from India.
Also, with IT parks, Hubs and Tech startups coming up across many states, pursuing a B.Sc. IT guarantees you a stable job. If you are an ambitious person, you can also combine your skills and experience and launch your own startup too! One employed in the IT services sector can earn around Rs. 3 lakh per annum, as a fresher. And the stakes can be raised up to Rs. 12 lakh and more, with pure passion and skills.
And, finally, we bring the top five career options after your B.Sc.IT.
- System Analyst –Is one who works in the role of IT system in an organization, and helps to use computer technology as efficiently as possible. They also develop new computer systems by proper configuration of hardware and software and add new software applications to increase computer productivity. On an average, one can earn about Rs. 5-6 lakhs per annum and more, depending on experience.
- Network Administrator-Is involved in installing, upgrading and maintaining an organization’s computer network and systems. Systems include LANs, WANs, VPNs, intranets etc. On an average, one can earn Rs. 3.5 lakhs per annum, at the entry level. At a senior level, the average salary is around Rs. 7-8 Lakhs. With the rise of B2C websites, e-commerce, e-governance, VPN and other Internet applications like remote servicing, IVR etc. the demand for network administrators has peaked up in the last few years.
- Software Developer – Is also known as a computer programmer. Basically, this job involves design, research, programming, testing and maintenance of computer software systems. That is software development, in short. Unique computer programs are often created for client specific requirements, that allow people to do specific tasks on a computer or another device. The national average salary as a software developer is about Rs. 5 Lakh per annum. The scope of software developers is here to stay with newer startups, blooming in the software industry.
- Database Administrator – Is the one who stores and organize data, and makes sure it is available to users, and at the same time, makes the data secure from unauthorized access. This role includes configuration, database design, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, and backup and data recovery. With the expansion of Internet and e-commerce, the need to protect information only rises. Internet Service Providers and search portals often use services of database administrators, on a large scale. On an average salary scale, they earn more than Rs 4.5 lakhs per annum.
- Web Designer – Is the one who builds or redesigns a website according to a client’s specifications. Organizations rely heavily on web designers, for their e-commerce and Internet marketing. Thus, the scope of this job increases automatically, with the constant need for web designers to be updated with latest technologies. On an average salary scale, they earn about Rs. 3 lakhs per annum.
Some other common job titles after B.Sc.IT are College Lecturer or Assistant Professor, Online Tutor, Project Manager, IT Consultant, Systems Administrator, Hardware and Network Expert, Graphic Designer, Quality Analyst, System Designer, Java Developer, Interface Engineer,
Information Security Analyst, Network Administrator etc.
Top Recruiters in India
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) tops this list. And it is followed by Wipro Technologies, Cognizant, Yahoo!, Google, Tech Mahindra, Infosys Technologies, HP, Capgemini, iGATE Patni, Accenture, Convergys, MphasiS, Genpact, HCL Technologies and Godrej Infotech.
So, that’s about it. The gist of the IT sector for you and some of the top jobs to begin your career with. Continue keeping your passion ignited and work your way, up the job ladder. Also, pursue your passion and take the first step of enrolling in Bsc I.T.Tags: career after bsc it